You Bet Your Life

I have absolutely nothing to write about today. Okay, not nothing. I've got some random thoughts about several things banging around in my head, but for whatever reason they don't want to come out yet. So I was casting around for something, thinking about changing seasons and time passing with Thanksgiving bearing down on us, and all I could think was:

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

Ah, good old Groucho. Why can't we have something on TV like "You Bet Your Life" now? Probably because no one's like Groucho. A few more of my favorites:

"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

"Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow women"

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know."

Comments

Cat Herself said…
Genius. We don't have anything like it today because there is and never will be anyone like him.

Popular posts from this blog

Barackary Clintama

Who's on First?