What Street Do YOU Live On?

From this week's The Other Paper:

Ah, dear old Columbus. We've got a substantial enough Gay community near downtown that the presence of an actual "Gay Street" in downtown Columbus is always cause for amusement. Nevermind that the street was named for some family named Gay. You can even take it further and point out that Gay Street is the East-West street between Broad and Long.

Just so you know I'm not making this up:


My favorite of all time though, was when someone called into a local radio station's rapid-fire "Taking Calls" segment (basically people call in and spout nonsense for 5 seconds) and said "I was standing at the corner of Gay and High, and I thought to myself, 'Yes I am!'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barackary Clintama

Who's on First?