The Eighth Circle of Hell

Normally I try not pay any attention to Ann Coulter. As near as I can tell, she's insane. Not insane as in "Oh my God, are you insane?" but rather "The nurse will be here any minute with your meds, Ms. Coulter" insane.

Sadly, I work in a library. And as a dedicated public librarian I firmly believe that no matter how absurd I may find a particular title, my community has a right to see it. So it was that today I found myself face to face with Ms. Coulter among the new books.

To understand the nature of my complaint, you first have to see the cover of her most recent book. Those of you with a delicate constitution may want to disable image viewing on this site before reading further.


Putting aside the stereotypically provocative nature of the title, I want you to look carefully at Ms. Coulter's picture. Is it just me, or is she most definitely not selling this book on the basis of her brains? In fact, judging from the cover it would appear that the title should be "If Democrats were Republicans they'd have a chance with this." Either that or "If Democrats were smart they'd submit to Mistress Coulter's tender ministrations."

Ewwugh. I think I just threw up a bit.

However, for those of you who haven't cottoned on to the reference in tonight's title, my main concern is the fact that someone who is selling herself so blantantly, someone who is so clearly trying to sell a book on the basis of sex appeal, should not be the same person who in the pages of that same book doubtlessly references the Bible several hundred times. Here she is, supposedly so religious and so morally upright, on the cover of her book with a come-hither look that would put the Queen of Sheba or Salome to shame.

Thus it is that Ms. Coulter will doubtless one day find herself in the eighth circle of hell, clad in a lead-lined golden robe with the rest of the hypocrites. Dante placed you almost next to the Devil himself, Ms. Coulter. The only sin worse than yours is, ironically, treason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barackary Clintama

Who's on First?