Hold It

"Hey... . . .. ... .. .hold.. . .. .... ..red hat...."

"What?" I said to the young man standing in front of me.

"Uh, the guy in the red hat upstairs asked me to hold these for him but I gotta go."

"So you want me to hold them for you?"

"Nah, I gotta go. Can you hold them for him?"

"Who am I supposed to be holding them for?"

"Uh, the guy in the red hat."

"Do you know his name?" I asked, oddly enough still trying to help.

"Uh, yeah. It's Ali."

"Is that his first name or his last name?" I said, thinking to myself that given how common the name is for both first and last it probably wouldn't help.

"Uh, it's his name. His first name."

"Look, I'd be happy to hold these for you but I really need to know the guy's name. Ali just isn't enough information."

"Uh, okay, whatever."

The young man then walked off with the DVDs. I noticed him set them by one of the checkout machines before he headed off for the teen area. About 45 minutes later they were still there, so I checked them in and shelved them.

Apparently Ali the Red Hatted decided to go with some other selections.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barackary Clintama

Who's on First?