Aren't You Glad?

It's Monday night, I'm tired, and there's only 5 days left in NaBloPoMo. I'm tapped out folks. So tonight I'll just leave you to ponder the following:

Aren't you glad you don't live in a country where you can be arrested for naming a teddy bear "Muhammad"?

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if religious extremists actually read their holy books. Would Muslim extremists turn into peace-loving, altruistic intellectuals? Would Christian extremists turn into humble advocates for the poor and disenfranchised?

Sadly, I doubt we'll ever know.

Comments

Cat Herself said…
I've been reading the Bible since I was 8. What do you think of the outcome?
Cycho Librarian said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cycho Librarian said…
I'd say you're pretty good evidence that if the extremists read their holy books, that is what would happen.

Popular posts from this blog

Barackary Clintama

Who's on First?