Top Ten

Reasons I will not be watching the State of the Union Address.


10. Bush has seen the error of his ways and will be delivering the speech I wrote for him, so I don’t need to watch.

9. The Democrat’s prebuttal will run long and the networks will pre-empt the State of the Union address in favor of the rebuttal pre-show.

8. I’m still mourning the Patriots’ loss on Sunday.

7. I’m still celebrating the Colts’ win on Sunday.

6. The speech isn’t being simulcast in my native language of Igbo.

5. The Daily Show isn’t covering the speech, so why should I watch it?

4. The networks will all finally realize that there are more interesting things to air than the State of the Union address.

3. It will make me angry, and you won’t like me when I’m angry.

2. The surgeon General has determined that prolonged exposure to George W. Bush’s voice causes irreparable brain damage.

And the number one reason I won’t be watching the State of the Union address tonight...


1. Lindsay Lohan’s Shocking Moments is on VH1!

Comments

Suddenly Human said…
I almost got all the way through it before I had to turn it off due to my husband's complaints that I was paraphrasing everything Bush said and his sides hurt too much from laughing.

C-Span coverage was the best though. All sorts of weird comments off camera.
WDL said…
and veronica mars was on! comeon! who would miss that? Besides, on my 45 minute commute to work I got to hear the recap from NPR (who graciously tore the entire speech apart, section for section.)

xo,
WDL

Popular posts from this blog

Barackary Clintama

Who's on First?