Thanks

So what am I really thankful for?

I’m thankful for my home; cozy and warm, with cats curled up beside me.

I’m thankful for Mozart, Haydn, Brahms, and Mahler, and the chance to sing them to thousands.

I’m thankful for art; in galleries, on streets, danced on a stage, seen in a museum.

I’m thankful for pizza, beer, and Douglass Street.

I'm thankful for comfortable saddles and chain tools.

I’m thankful for a place on the floor at the SOMC Life Center, and getting stuck at railroad crossings.

I’m thankful for my Light and Motion Urban 550 and Scioto Trails after dark.

I’m thankful for people who think it’s a good idea to ride 50 miles to a garden.

I’m thankful for chainsaws and friends who know how to use them.

I’m thankful for mosh pits in Pearl Alley.

I’m thankful for sprints in the dark.

I’m thankful for Lower Twin and Mingo Road.

I’m thankful for Ohiopyle, Cumberland, the big slackwater, Harper’s Ferry, Silver Spring, and the Dubliner.

I’m thankful for tomatoes and fires.

I’m thankful for bells and the chance to share them.

I’m thankful for Great Seal and Lake Hope.

I’m thankful for Red Sox Baseball.

I'm thankful for a crash pad in Old Town East.

I’m thankful for whiskey sours and poetry slams.

And I’m thankful for all of you. Here’s to another year to be thankful for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barackary Clintama

Who's on First?