Live Blogging

I was thinking about live blogging the World Series tonight. Not because I'm a baseball expert-- I know many people who are much more knowledgeable about baseball than I am. I just thought it would be fun.

So I was going to start out critiquing Francona's decision to field Ortiz. Mainly because Youkilis has shown that he can hit well, Papi seems to have been a bit of a slump lately, and I have worries about his ability to field with his numerous aches and pains. I was also worried about Ellsbury leading off.

Well, my worries about Ellsbury were quickly settled. The kid's amazing. I can't believe that he's only just come up. But for the first two innings it looked like I was right about Papi. Plus Fogg was looking unhittable, and we seemed to finally have a game on our hands.

Then the third comes along. Not only was I clearly way off base to worry about Francona's lineup, but what looked like it might be a game got blown wide open. I do feel a little bad for the Rockies, but the Sox are just playing really good ball. It seems like whenever the opposing pitcher starts off ahead of them, after a couple innings they figure out how to hit the guy and it's all over. Back that up with good defensive play, and you've got a Series.

So the lesson here? I'm not a baseball expert (which we already knew), and if I'm going to try live blogging I should probably stick to competitive crochet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's on First?

When Marketing Goes Too Far...